Still Monitoring the COVID Situation

British Medical Journal report on COVID-19 factors
September 1, 2020

Still Monitoring the COVID Situation

Hi Tritons

We hope everyone had a safe but exciting summer in this strange world.

As you may remember, about a month ago we sent out an email indicating that we were going to spend September and October watching community infection rates and the impact of Return to School before making any decisions on our own Return to Swimming.

This is still our plan.

Since that decision, we’ve seen a significant increase in community infection rates in the last few weeks, and we still don’t expect to see the impact of Return to School until early to mid-October. In other words, there is still a lot of uncertainty, and things haven’t been moving in a good direction.

We’d like to stress that we definitely want to get back to swimming as soon as we feel it’s safe to do so.

In the meantime, we would like to start Zoom calls with some of our older groups. Look for an email this week to that effect.

If you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Coach Rick and Coach Aimee