COVID Update

Opportunity with Head-to-Head: Stroke and Resilience Series
November 16, 2020
Tritons and our Return to Swimming Plans
March 30, 2021

COVID Update

Hi Tritons,

As you all know, back in August we elected to hold off on our Mighty Tritons season based on COVID-19 and the uncertainties related to September Return to School. And ever since that decision, the situation in Milton, Canada and the world has been steadily getting worse. At the moment swim teams in the lock-down regions (Toronto and Peel regions) are out of the water, and its still not certain if Halton will end up following that pattern.

In other words, the Mighty Tritons are still not ready to start up our season.

We’re now looking at a possible February start, but that can only happen if Halton and Ontario in general can handle the risks surrounding Christmas gatherings.

Unfortunately, the pandemic makes our regular Christmas party impossible. However, we would still like to support our charity of choice, Halton Women’s Place. Here’s a link for anyone who would like to donate.

Looking forward, the good news is the imminent release of vaccines into the population. We understand that this could take a little while to happen, but the vaccine news gives us that light at the end of the tunnel that we’ve all been looking forward to.

Let’s all focus on staying safe for the next few months, and get this virus behind us. In the meantime, the Tritons will continue to monitor the situation, and we won’t hesitate to get back in the water as soon as we feel it’s safe.

Take care, and Merry Christmas!


Jorge Ruiz, President

Marta Vasquez, Registrar

Sean Linton, Board Member

Anna Manalo, Board Member

Margarita Calderone, Board Member

Andrea Ramlogan, Board Member

Rick Madge, Head Coach

Aimee Kilbourn, Head Coach, Development